There are loads of recipes for using fresh corn and this Baked Corn and Egg is one of our favorites. I would actually call this a savory pie because of the texture it gets from the milk and eggs. This is a delicious and easy new way to dress up corn as a new side dish at the dinner table or a healthy breakfast meal.
Prep Time: 10 mins | Bake time: 30 mins | Serves: 2
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup corn, boiled
- 2 Eggs, well beaten
- Dissolve flour in 1/2 cup of milk
2. Boil 3/4 cup milk with butter and sugar
3. Pour flour mixture into the milk mixture after boil is reached to make a thin white sauce.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in salt and drained boiled corn.
5. Mix in eggs. Pour it into a loaf pan.
6. Bake at 200 degree Celsius for 30 mins for until done.
- Let the mixture get cooled, before adding the eggs to it.
- Boil and drain corn properly, as it is the star ingredient of the dish.
Enjoy this and keep me posted!!!