The first time I tried cooking with custard powder in my cakes I was really pleased with the outcome, now it is one of my preferred options. Since I bake muffins every week for my family, I can safely say I know my way around muffins and these are seriously good. Enjoy.
Prep Time: 20 mins | Bake time: 20 mins | Serves: 5-6
List of Ingredients:
- 250 gm of all-purpose Flour
- 100 gm Butter, melted (at room temp)
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup of Sugar
- 2 Eggs, at room temp
- 3/8 cup of Custard powder
- 1/2 cup Milk, at room temp
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 pinch of Soda
Cream together butter and powdered sugar in a deep bowl. Whisk the mixture till a smooth paste is formed.
Beat eggs in a separate bowl, for at least 3-4 mins. Add it, little by little, in the creamed butter mix, while whisking continuously. Make sure that eggs should be at room temperature.
Sift together flour, custard powder, baking powder and soda. Add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla essence. Pour into greased and floured muffin pan. Bake at 180 C for 15-20 minutes. Let it cool down for 5 mins.
- All the ingredients should be at room temperature.
- NEVER melt the butter for creaming step. If the butter temperature goes down below room temperature, DO NOT use it.
- After adding flour to the mix, DO NOT whisk. Just fold in one direction to make a smooth batter
- In case you are using salted butter, skip adding salt.
- Let the muffins cool down completely, before taking them out of pan.
Enjoy this and keep me posted!!!