When life gives you overripe Banana…You Bannnnnnnana Breaddddddd!!!
Being a delicate fruit, bananas get over-riped soon and goes waste. Well not anymore. We will use these worn out Bananas and make something tasty and interesting…..BANANA BREAD!!! The recipe for this is so simple, and best thing is there is no need for a mixer. Clean-up is easy too, if you want, you can mix everything in one bowl. Already mentioned, the best bananas to use for banana bread are those that are over-ripe. The yellow peels should be at least half browned, and the bananas inside squishy and browning. So, lets start with the recipe!!!
Prep Time: 15 mins | Bake time: 60 mins | Yields: 12-13
List of Ingredients:
- 100 gm of Butter, unsalted (at room temp)
- 1 cup powdered Sugar, 250 gm
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2-3 large Banana, mashed
- 1 1/2 cup of self raising all-purpose Flour (maida)
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of Vanilla
- Cream together butter and powdered sugar in a deep bowl. Whisk the mixture till a smooth paste is formed.
2. Add eggs and crushed bananas. Combine them well. Make sure that eggs and banana should be at room temperature.
3. Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla. Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- All the ingredients should be at room temperature.
- NEVER melt the butter for creaming step. If the butter temperature goes down below room temperature, DO NOT use it.
- After adding flour to the mix, DO NOT whisk. Just fold in one direction to make a smooth batter
- In case you are using salted butter, skip adding salt.
- Batter, to be poured, should be slightly flowy. In case not, add little warm milk (2 tsp) for correct batter.
- Do not try to take out bread when it is hot becuase it breaks down while doing this.
Enjoy this and keep me posted!!!