There are lots of Noodle recipes out there, but this is how I like to make it. It reminds me of the fast food Noodles, but it’s not nearly as greasy. I call for cottage cheese here, but use whatever protein you like- or none at all. The recipe is very versatile with you adding your choice of noodles and veggies. If you include eggs in your diet, you can also use egg noodles. Whole wheat noodles or flat noodles also can be added. Here I added lot of veggies to give the noodles an extra crunch. This can also be made into a no onion no garlic version. Hope you will like the recipe!!!
Prep time: 10 mins; Cook time: 20 mins; Serve in: 5 mins
List of Ingredients:
- 150 to 200 gms noodles (plain or whole wheat noodles or flat noodles)
- 10 cups water (for noodles)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Vegetable Oil
- Sliced Vegetables – Onions, Green chillies, Carrots, Shallots, Bell peppers, Cottage cheese
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 2 tsp soy sauce or add as required
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- ½ tsp rice vinegar or regular vinegar
- 1 tsp green and red chilli sauce
Bring 10 cups water to a boil. Add ¼ tsp salt and little oil in the boiling water.
Add noodles in the boiling water. Don’t break them.
Cook the noodles on low flame for 10 mins (check in between). Allow the noodles to cook completely. We don’t need to cook them al dente, since towards the end we will be just tossing the noodles. Different types of noodles require different cooking time, so prepare noodles according to the package instructions. Drain the cooked noodles in a colander.
Rinse the noodles in running water very well. Add ½ tsp oil to the noodles. Toss them well, so that the oil gets coated evenly on the noodles.
When the noodles are cooking, you can chop & grate the veggies and keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan or wok on medium heat. First saute the green chilies and garlic for about 30 seconds.
Add chopped onions and other veggies and saute for a minute.
Stir and increase the flame to a high. Stir fry everything on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Add soy sauce and Vinegar. You can also add tomato sauce or red chili sauce/green chili sauce. Season with salt and black pepper.
Add the cooked noodles and increase the flame again. Stir and quickly toss the noodles with the veggie mixture. A lot of hand work is required while tossing and mixing the noodles. Serve veg Noodles steaming hot in serving plates.
- Remember to keep all the sauces and seasonings ready when you begin to stir fry the veggies.
- Add salt in moderation as soy sauce already has a lot of salt.
- Rinse the noodles in running water very well. This method stops the cooking process.
- Add ½ tsp oil to the noodles. Toss them well, so that the oil gets coated evenly on the noodles. This method gets rid of stickiness from the noodles.
- Green chilies add quite some heat in the dish. Skip if you do not prefer them or if making for kids.
Enjoy guys and write for any suggestions.