Prep: 10 mins; Cook: 15 mins; Serve in: 30 mins
Ingredients: Serves about 50-60 Wafers
1. 1 bowl of sliced/silvered Almonds
2. 1 cup unsalted Butter
3. 1 Egg
4. 1 cup white Sugar
5. 1 3/4 cups all-purpose Flour
6. 1 tsp Vanilla extract
7. 1/2 tsp Salt
8 1 tsp Baking Soda
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degree C.
2. Take a medium bowl and add melted butter and sugar into it. Whisk it until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk it until smooth.
4. Sift together the flour and salt into this batter. Slowly stir into the butter mixture until just blended.
5. Divide the batter into two halves and place each half in the center of two greased, flat sided cookie sheets.
6. Dip the spatula in the warm water and spread the batter to cover the entire baking sheet, making sure the batter is spread evenly.
7. Sprinkle almonds and press gently into the dough.
8. Bake each sheet for about 15 mins or until edges are lightly browned at 175 degree C.
9. Take out the bake sheet from the oven after 15 mins, cut hot cookies into 2-inch square.
10. Return the bake sheet to the oven and bake until lightly brown for about 15 mins. Watch carefully to avoid over baking.
11. Remove from the oven and slide spatula under cookies to loosen. Cool completely on cookie sheet.
12. Store in the air tight containers until served.
1. It is better to use powered sugar, rather than coarse one.
2. In case you are using salted butter, don’t put salt in the batter, otherwise, the cookies will become salty
3. Do not whisk after adding the flour.
4. Put the spatula in warm water, to spread the batter on the baking tray evenly.
5. A little baking soda can be added to the batter, after adding the flour, based on preference.
6. It is better to use silvered almonds than slices. (Slivered almonds are almonds that have been sliced very thinly into little sticks. They differ from sliced almonds, which arealmonds sliced across their diameter giving you much bigger pieces.)
Enjoy cooking and follow the blog for more quick and easy recipes!!!