Prep: 10 mins. Cook: 15 mins. Ready in: 1 hr
1. 1 1/4 cup of Lukewarm Water
2. 2 tsp of Dry Yeast
3. 4 tsp of Sugar
4. 1/4 cup of Olive Oil
5. 1 1/2 tsp of Salt
6. 3 cups of Flour (Maida)
7. For garnishing: Sliced tomatoes, Onion rings, Garlic, Capsicum, Chilli flakes, Oregano (other substitutes could be Olives, pickles etc, depends on availability)
8. 2 tsp of Milk or Egg white. Milk wash is for browning effect and egg wash is for glossy effect on bread.
To make Focaccia Bread:
1. Take lukewarm water in a big bowl, add yeast and sugar in it. Stir it with a spoon vigorously so that the yeast pellets get dissolved properly. Keep it in a warm place for 15 mins (or till the froth comes)
2. After 15 mins, yeast mixture should look a little frothy.
3. Add Olive oil and salt to the bowl.
4. Add flour to the bowl and fold this mixture using a spatula, very lightly.
5. Mixture should be sticky so don’t use hands. Mix till all the flour comes together.
6. Grease a baking tray with Olive oil, put the dough on the tray and spread it evenly. Coat the upper layer of dough with Olive oil as well.
7. Warm a kitchen towel in the lukewarm water. Be careful not to heat it too much, it should be little warm.
8. Cover with damp cloth, and let rise in a warm place for 1 1/2 hour (kept it in microwave)
9. After 1 1/2 hour, the dough will become almost double than before and will be bouncy to touch (by touching it on the surface, you should feel the rise)
10. Now puncher small holes in the dough with a knife. Sprinkle it with chilli flakes and oregano.
11. Put all the sliced vegetables on the dough.
12. Drizzle Olive oil and spread some milk with brush (for browning effect)
13. Bake it in the preheated microwave at 200C for 25-30 mins, or until it becomes golden brown.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Enjoy this wonderful and easy recipe of Focaccia bread, with lot of herbs and lot of flavour!!!